Matrix of Success (Download this info as PDF here) updated Jan 14. 2016
What is CC3DP?
A 16 week 3D design and printing challenge for 3rd-8th graders.
- Kickoff announced with kickoff meeting. Team coaches learn challenge, obtain kickoff video for teams,
and learn beginner or advanced CAD and 3D printing strategies.
- Volunteers or RPGA staff meet with new teams, answer questions, and help with technical issues.
- 3rd week of May teams gather for CC3DP event.
1) 4 hour event where students have a live challenge question in which they have 1 hr to complete.
2) A judging round in which students bring the items they designed and fabricated to the judging room
and present their finished products.
3) A community event where parents and members of the community learn
about 3D design and fabrication using CAD software.
4) Community members ask students questions about their finished pieces, and learn from the students.
After Challenge Continuation
After the challenge we noticed many schools, after schools, and community organizations continued to have classes turning a 16 week challenge into a year long in school or after school program.